Seeking an experienced, poised, self-starting nonprofit professional to be a leading member of our team. Applicants should be lively, persuasive communicators, who enjoy working collaboratively. They should be decisive with a strong sense of urgency to get things done quickly and accurately. This position is ideal for strategic problem solvers, who think on their feet and enjoy the challenge of working with a broad range of nonprofit clients.
Competitive salary with good benefits and the opportunity for growth and advancement in a friendly, professional environment.
- Experienced in nonprofit leadership and management, including:
- Fundraising with an emphasis on major gifts and face-to-face relationship building
- Nonprofit board governance
- Strategic planning
- Marketing and public relations
- Skilled at public speaking, facilitating group discussions and trainings
- Poised, fluent and articulate verbal communication style
- Clear, concise and compelling writing
- Able to secure new clients through personal and professional network
- Serve as lead consultant
- Provide advice on organizational strategy
- Provide strategy for cultivating and/or solicitating major donors
- Analyze and evaluate clients’ past giving, staff structure, fundraising systems and volunteer leadership
- Conduct interviews of staff, board, potential donors and other stakeholders
- Develop messaging for clients’ case for giving
- Develop PowerPoint presentations
- Facilitate discussion among Board, staff and other stakeholders
- Write reports summarizing BBC’s methodologies, findings and recommendations
- Be part of a consulting team that works with clients
- Assist other BuildingBlox team members in their projects
- Research prospects and write donor profiles
- Serve as project manager
- Business development
- Meet with potential clients
- Write proposals
About BuildingBlox Consulting
BuildingBlox (www.buildingbloxconsulting.com) has a strong and proven track record of helping some of the leading Bay Area nonprofits plan for and execute capital and other major gift campaigns. We also offer private and public trainings to help attendees become more effective fundraisers and work with clients on strategic planning projects.
BuildingBlox is headquartered in a casual yet professional home office in the Inner Richmond District of San Francisco with an energetic, fun and small but mighty team (including the BBC mascot, Annie the poodle).
The world is full of challenges and opportunities. And many of the changes we want to see can only be achieved when people, motivated by a shared vision and values, work together. But a lot of nonprofit organizations aren’t reaching their highest potential because they don’t have the resources they need. BuildingBlox Consulting studies and teaches the best practices of nonprofit organizations. We coach leaders, help them clarify mission and strategy and demystify fundraising. When the organizations we work with succeed, they celebrate audacious generosity and are infused with a culture of philanthropy. And the impactful work they do is done with passion and purpose.
How to Apply
Please email your resume, salary requirements and a cover letter outlining your interest in the position to Nancy Monnig at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include a writing sample that demonstrates your ability to write in a clear and accessible style. Please no phone calls.